Here is a very simple meditation exercise you can practice this weekend.
- Set a timer up for 3 minutes and sit comfortably.
- For the next three minutes with eyes closed, practice the following:
- As you breathe in, “I am peaceful.“
- As you breathe out, “I am glad.“
You can say the words out loud in a whisper or with gusto or simply think them to yourself.
Anytime you realise your mind has drifted, come back to “I am peaceful. I am glad.“
- When the time is up, sit quietly for a few breaths before you open your eyes.
- Thank yourself for making time to look after yourself.
- Throughout your day you can even remind yourself that “I am peaceful. I am glad.“
Peaceful and glad are a great combination for a blissful day.
Try it and see if it makes a difference to the interactions you have that day. Share your experience down below, I’d love to hear from you! May your weekend be full of bliss. x